Believe it or not, online games are the most important thing today. Taking advantage of this huge market, application developers are constantly releasing new games with the best graphics and very attractive gameplay. Not only that, they design and create them in various formats to cater to a varied audience.
Now if you are a staunch fan of online games, here is a rundown of the different genres; something you definitely need to know.
1. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG): Games experienced an outbreak when it went social with the introduction of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG). The excitement and adventure lies in competing with other players, playing simultaneously in the virtual world. They are called role-playing games because you take on roles as you progress through the game. Most of these are not free; you have to pay to access certain premium features or to level up.
2. Real-time strategy: as the name suggests, real-time strategy games require an immediate response from the players; it is played in real time. They combine strategy and action and can be very addictive. Real-time strategy includes building inventory by gathering resources, fighting armies, building bases, creating units, and exploring areas.
3. Action and adventure: take place against a story in fantasy worlds or adventure lands. They are fast-paced and involve enemy combat, puzzles, quests, and missions. Completing successive missions results in the character leveling up and gaining armor, weaponry, potions, etc. Unlike the MMORPG and RTS formats, these are generally single player.
4. Casino games: Casino games reproduce the real world of casinos on the World Wide Web. Many of these are played for real money. It offers the thrill of playing in a casino. Real prizes and bonuses can also be won.
5. Sports games: If you are a sports fan, sports games will attract your interest. The most popular on the web are soccer, basketball, and baseball. They are organized in levels. You can choose to follow the game, against the computer or compete against another player. Many are based on actual sporting events.
6. Simulation Games: Simulation games are real-life situations that take place in the game settings. Think of the number of farming games you have played, or the wonderful city you have built, the virtual people you have cared for, or the petting zoos you have managed. If you are เว็บพนัน888
looking for action and adventure, simulation games do not suit your needs. They are about time management, strategy development, decision making. However, simulation games promise you a good time.
7. Shooting games: if you like violent games, shooting games are the one for you. It involves shooting at targets, be they objects, animals, or people. These games require precision and skill.